Rotary Interpretive Centre
Note: Occasionally the Rotary Interpretive Centre is closed due to weather or volunteer staff being unable to work at the last minute.
Closed Dec 24, Dec 25th
Open 10 am to 3 pm
Nov 1 – Jan 31
Open 10 am to 4 pm.
Feb 1 – Oct 31
Come inside and enjoy the wildlife displays!
You will be greeted by our reception volunteers who are happy to answer questions and provide maps. Feel free to browse our gift shop!
Did you know?
- The programs and services are managed by the Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve Society (GBHNRS)
- The Blue Heron Gift Shop has a lovely selection of nature themed items for purchase.
- GBHNRS volunteers host the Rotary Interpretive Centre and keep the building open seven days a week 364 days a year.
- The GBHNRS offers many events, workshops, school, group and visitor programs.
- The number of visitors to the Rotary Interpretive Centre has jumped from 3800 when opened in 2002 to over 22 000 in 2014.
- The Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve Society is raising funds to provide continuing operation of the Interpretive Centre
- The GBHNRS funds ongoing habitat restoration and site development.
- Donations help to ensure that the Interpretive Centre continues to enhance one’s visit to the Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve.
- The Chilliwack Rotary Club built and donated this unique building to the City of Chilliwack.